Want to drink something? But are also afraid of calories as you don’t want to increase calories intake then the beverage you are looking for is GREEN TEA. Along with calorie controller, it has many other benefits such as it is a great energizer, helps to fight against cancer, improves brain function, lowers the risk of Alzheimer, diabetes and much more.
Wondering when to drink?
Green tea is a beverage rich in antioxidants that can help you in ways but along with antioxidants, it contains other substances that can affect your body hence it is very important for one to know when to drink green tea. The time to drink green tea totally depends on the reason for drinking green tea. So it is very important to know why you are drinking green – to lose some kilos from your body or just as an antioxidant drink. Green tea helps to reduce weight by disturbing the absorption of fat and by boosting the body metabolism. Hence to lose weight, the best time to drink Green tea is:
• Drink in between the meals i.e. 1 or 2 hours after breakfast and lunch
• Anytime when you are eating oily or fatty food
• My personal favorite time is 1 hour before the gym or exercise as it will help you burn fat faster and is a great energizer.
And now, if you want to drink Green tea just as an antioxidant then the best time is drink at least 2 hours before breakfast and lunch as it prevents the caseins presents in milk and other dairy products to react with one of the major antioxidants presents in green tea i.e. catechins as this can reduce the impact of green tea by lowering the absorption of fat and proteins. Also, there are side effects also if green tea is taken at odd timings:
• Never drink green tea empty stomach in the morning as this can disturb your stomach and caffeine present in it can cause dehydration in one’s body. Chinese suggests that drinking green tea empty stomach can make lungs and stomach COLD.
• Never drink green tea immediately before going on to bed as caffeine present in it can cause insomnia and headache.
Right amount of Intake
Just as when to drink it is also important to drink Green tea is an appropriate amount as the excessive drink can cause health problems also. Everyone must drink 2-3 cups of green tea and it is considered as beneficial for good health. Drinking 4-5 cups of green tea can reduce the chances of stomach cancer. To lose weight, it is recommended to drink 5-7 cups of green tea in a day. And the maximum limit to drink green tea in a day is 10that too if you are not having a sensitive stomach otherwise instead of getting benefits from it, it may lead to various health issues.
So what are you waiting for? Just figure out when and what amount of Green Tea is good for you to “STAY STONG and FIT”.